After the merger of the Australian telecommunications company TPG Telecom with Vodafone Hutchison Australia in June this year, TPG Telecom has announced the appointment of its new leaders. Iñaki Berroeta, TPG Telecom CEO said the new executive team roles will be effective from August 17.
The Australian telco has appointed Rob James as its new Group Chief Digital and Information Officer. Mr James joined Vodafone in September 2019 as the company’s Chief Information Technology Officer and Director of Business Enablement. He is from Vodafone Qantas where he served as the Group Chief Technology Officer.
The company also said that Mandie de Ville, TPG’s present Chief Information Officer will be named Executive General Manager of IT and will report to James.
Announcement of other executive roles in TPD Telecom
The Group IT and Digital and Executive General Manager of IT roles are a part of a bigger leadership shaker post the merger. Following is the new full executive team that will be reporting to CEO:
- Former TPG Chief Investment Officer Stephan Banfield will step into the role of Group Chief Financial Officer in the newly merged company
- Ana Bordeianu will fill the role of Chief Customer Officer, Vodafone & Lebara
- Trent Czinner has been appointed for the role of Group Executive Legal and External Affairs for TPG Telecom
- Vodafone’s Head of Human Resources Vanessa Hicks will continue this new role at TPG Telecom as its Group Executive People Experience
- Barry Kezin will be the telco’s Executive General Manager Mobile & Fixed Networks
- The role of Chief Operating Officer will be filled by Craig Levy
- Reggie Naik will be TPG Telecom’s Executive General Manager Fibre Operations & Access Network Deployment
- Former Head of External Affairs at Vodafone Dan Lloyd will keep on driving the integration of the Wholesale teams
- TPG’s Head of Enterprise and Government Nick Pachos will retain his role in the merged company
- Vodafone’s Acting Chief Financial Officer, Sean Crowley will remain with the company as its Deputy Chief Financial Officer
More on the new leadership announcements of TPG
Though the new executive roles will be effective from August 17th, integration of the two companies is to take place gradually over the next months with the newly formed teams slowly moving under the newly appointed roles to avoid disruption.
Mr Berroeta said they’re bringing together the combined talent of their mobile and fixed businesses and by retaining their highly experienced leaders, the team is continuously working towards delivering even better products and services to Australians.
The announcement of new leaders will set TPG Telecom up for the future as they move forward to deliver their commitments to their customers, employees and shareholders as a full-service telecom challenger.
For more updates and latest tech news, keep reading iTMunch