Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is a trade show owned, organized and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). The trade show typically consists of presentations of new products, innovations and technologies in the consumer electronics industry. Believed to be the most important consumer technology event, CES 2021 will mark the 54th annual run of the event by CTA and will be held digitally.
CES is considered to be one of the most influential consumer tech events in the world as it provides a global platform for innovators and their breakthrough technologies. It is an event where the world’s most successful brands try to meet new partners and collaborate with them. If you are someone who is looking forward to this event and want to know about its dates, featured speakers and ticket prices, keep reading.
A brief introduction to CES
From headphones to TVs and laptops to home appliances, everything is talked about in detail at CES events. The event is a window that gives the media a preview of all the devices and gadgets that will be released in the year. It is a great opportunity for technology innovators to showcase concepts or devices that’ll make a difference. CES conference showcases companies including developers, manufacturers and suppliers of consumer hardware, technology, content and much more. The conference addresses the most relevant issues of the consumer tech industry and is attended by the world’s pioneering thinkers and business leaders.
The first CES conference took place in June 1967 and was held in New York City. Now, more than 50 years later, the conference continues tradition. However, CES 2021 won’t happen in NYC and will instead be held online keeping in mind the COVID-19 situation. Keep reading to find out about the event dates, agenda and ticket prices.
CES 2021 Dates
CES 2021 will be live from January 11th to January 14th on its digital platform. Following is to be expected on each day:
- Day 1 (11th January 2021): Select programming and exclusive media-only access
- Day 2 & Day 3: (12th January 2021 to 13th January 2021): Conference programming and Exhibitor showcase
- Day 4 (14th January 2021): CES Partner Programming Day
CES 2021 – Featured Speakers
If you want to listen to inspiring words of visionary leaders who have paved the way for next-gen innovators, CES 2021 is an event you don’t want to miss. This year’s featured speakers at CES include the following:
- Mary Barra – CEO, General Motors
- Corie Barry – CEO, Best Buy
- Molly Battin – Vice President Marketing, Delta Air Lines
- Maverick Carter – CEO, The SpringHill Company
- Keith Enright – Chief Privacy Officer, Google
- Thomas L. Friedman – Author and Journalist, The New York Times
- Kevin Guo – CEO, Hive
- Damien Kieran – Chief Privacy Officer, Twitter
- Adrienne Lofton – Vice President of North America Marketing, Nike
- Doug McMillon – President and CEO, Walmart
- Michael Miebach – President and CEO-Elect Mastercard
- Ann Sarnoff – Chair and CEO, WarnerMedia Studios and Networks
- Anne Toth – Director of Alexa Trust, Amazon Alexa
- Brad Smith – President, Microsoft
- Nick Tran – Head of Global Marketing, TikTok
- Jen Wong – COO, Reddit
- Addison Rae – Co-Founder of ITEM Beauty, Actress & TikTok Creator
CES Ticket Prices & What’s Included
The trade-only event is for individuals of 18+ age and affiliated with the consumer tech industry. You can attend the CES event either as an Industry Attendee or a Media personnel. For Industry Attendees, registration cost till January 3rd 2021 is $149 and from January 4th to January 14th 2021, the cost will be $499. For credentialed media, registration is complimentary till January 8th 2021 after which media registrations will close and one might have to register as an Industry Attendee. Registration includes the following:
- Product announcements, presentations and demos from exhibitors
- Exhibitor showcases from consumer technology organizations, from emerging startups to global brands
- Keynote presentations and insights from industry leaders
- Press conferences from CES 2021 exhibitors (only for credentialed media)
- A live anchor dashboard with exclusive interviews, featured programming and highlights from the digital venue
- Networking, business and collaboration opportunities along with features for live one-to-one attendee messaging, real-time chat with exhibitors and face-to-face meetings on Microsoft Teams
Will you be able to access CES event content after 14th January 2021?
For registered attendees, the content of CES 2021 will be available on the digital venue even after the CES 2021 dates till 15th February 2021. Content includes:
- Programming to watch on demand
- One-on-one attendee messaging
- Exhibitor showcases
Would CES 2021 content be available in other languages?
Keynotes will be delivered in English. Depending on the session type, CES 2021 programming will have closed captions. It will also have translations for up to 16 languages including Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish. Note that translations will be generated using artificial intelligence (AI), therefore may not be 100% accurate or reflect the intentions of the speaker completely. Moreover, American Sign Language interpretation will also be available.
CTA is the largest consumer technology trade association in North America. Its members are leading innovators of the world from startups to internationally renowned brands. It has supported over 18 million American jobs. CTA’s Consumer Electronics Show is being held online in 2021, however, the association says it will be back to Las Vegas in January 2022.
For more updates and latest tech news, keep reading iTMunch