The Ultimate Guide to Business Enterprise Mobility Management
Definition: What is Enterprise Mobility?
5 Benefits of Enterprise Mobility: Why is it Important?
1. Improve Business Responsiveness and Reliability
2. Increase Employee Flexibility
3. Gain a Collaborative Boost
4. Reduce Unnecessary Costs
5. Attract and Retain Talent
5 Challenges in Enterprise Mobility
10 Global Trends in Enterprise Mobility: What’s Next?
1. The Growth of Artificial Intelligence
2. Emerging Trend of Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) Culture
3. An Upsurge in the Internet of Things (IoT)
4. Customized Enterprise Mobility Applications
They will help businesses increase their operational efficiency and improve customer experience. Enterprise mobility services have given rise to a need to shift from generic apps to enterprise-centric apps. These tailored apps help decrease workflow redundancy in the workplace.
5. Increased Need for Cross-Platform Applications
6. Migration to the Cloud
7. Increased Demand for Location-Based Services
8. Rising Demand for Experienced Developers
9. Multilayered Security Models
10. More Mobility and Less Computing
Business Mobility: How to Make Enterprise Mobility Work for Your Business
1. Introduce Enterprise Mobility Management Tools
2. Implement a BYOD policy
3. Install and Utilize a VPN
4. Adopt Security-Based Apps
What is Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)?
1. Mobile Device Management (MDM)
2. Mobile Application Management (MAM)
3. Mobile Information Management (MIM)
4. Mobile Content Management (MCM)
5. Mobile Identity Management (MIM)
How Do You Know When Your Business Needs an Enterprise Mobility Management Solution?
- Your strategic company resources include mobile phones. Replacing them is a costly and time-consuming affair
- Your employees require properly provisioned devices
- Your company implements the BYPD policy for cost reduction and increased employee satisfaction. However, it can compromise data security and regulatory compliance
- Your company functions in a strictly monitored industry where confidential company data is stored on personal devices.
- You have to reduce worker downtime and prevent app or device problems
- Your company’s operations depend on mobile apps that deploy different versions
5 Top Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Solutions
EMM is a sophisticated technology that is used to control mobile access to networks and data. While conducting an evaluation of EMM vendors for your business, it is important to consider certain factors. They are three basic core capabilities required in every organization: secured access, data protection and visibility. Some vendors offer basic BYOD security functionality while others are limited to mobile application management (MAM).
Here are some of the top enterprise mobility management solutions available in the market today.
Its intelligence includes a policy engine that has features such as an administrative console, secure gateway, VPN and secure content and email access.
It has useful EMM capabilities such as app, identity, content and device management. Its other features include jailbreak detection and compliance.
3. IBM MaaS 360
This EMM solution offers a Watson integration that adds AI and machine learning. It other unique features include malware protection, secure gateway and collaboration, and enterprise mobility suites.
4. Citrix XenMobile
It helps to create business apps without using a code. Citrix offers a unified endpoint, and a secure gateway for content and app management.
5. VMware AirWatch
Its intelligence includes automated deployment and management for features like end-to-end security, identity management and productivity apps.
Best Enterprise Mobility Management Software
The best EMM software helps prevent unauthorized access to enterprise applications as well as confidential corporate data on employees’ personal devices. EMM tools are all-purpose platforms that help in the central management and enforcement of corporate security policies. The primary goal of enterprise mobility management software whether mobile apps can be integrated with policies, objectives and work processes. Typically, they involve a combination of mobile application management (MAM) and mobile device management (MDM) tools.
Enterprise mobility management software products offer useful features such as:
- Support various operating systems and mobile devices
- Include a combination of standalone EMM tools such as MAM, MDM and identity management solutions.
- Use a unifying, singular platform to manage mobile devices, tablets, and smartphones
Enterprise Mobility Management: Models and Solutions
In order to develop high efficiency while using enterprise mobility services, organizations have three important factors to consider: balancing user accessibility, tailoring data protection measures for operational needs, and choosing between BYOD and corporate devices. Companies have researched and developed many options while looking for the optimal mobility strategy model.
Here are the three most common approaches when it comes to enterprise mobility models:
1. Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD)
It is convenient for users and beneficial for employees. However, this model brings security and management concerns because of the uncontrolled use of personal devices.
2. Corporate-owned, Personally-Enabled (COPE)
With this approach, the struggle for device control, protection, and management are eliminated altogether. The downside of this model is that it increases the expenses for company IT departments, although bulk purchases are quite cost-effective.
3. Choose-Your-Own-Device (CYOD)
Organizations that follow this policy enable employees to choose from a list of approved devices. While the company-provided gadgets simplify work for the IT team, there is a substantial increase in purchase costs and hardware maintenance.
Enterprise Mobility Software Solutions
They are highly beneficial to both employers and employees alike. The deployment of mobile enterprise management software offers various merits. These are beneficial to all the parties involved in the business process. Some of the key aspects of the business values provided by enterprise mobility include employee satisfaction and productivity, performance quality boost as well as process improvement.
6 Types of Enterprise Mobility Solutions
The six major components of enterprise mobility solutions are:
- Identity management
- Mobile hypervisors and containers
- Mobile device and application management
- Virtual data and apps access with virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI)
- Machine learning-based protection
- Information rights management and file security
How Enterprise Mobility Services Work
- Network-based enterprise mobility solutions
- Remote streaming to isolate enterprise apps
- Device-centric approach such as Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- SDK (software development kit) containerization integrated with mobile apps
Enterprise Mobility Technology: Is it Really Less Time-Consuming?
Effective time management is one of the major benefits of EMM. Through enterprise mobility services, employees can work remotely or from home, and save time wasted on long commutes to work. Applications, operating systems, and corporate data are no longer confined to specific hardware. By using services like desktop visualization, business enterprise mobility can empower companies to provide secure and controlled access to corporate resources. It improves client relations and saves time by providing access rights and profiles to the requisite user.
What Do Enterprise Mobility Apps Bring to the Table?
Some of the major advantages of using enterprise mobility services are:
Improved Customer Experience
Enterprise mobility solutions enable users to share their device screens with their colleagues or customers. This enhances the consumer experience to share knowledge and gain learning opportunities. By providing social media, video tools, and chat options, it also promotes process improvement and data accuracy.
2. Increased Employee Productivity
Enterprise mobility applications offer employees access to key office apps on their personal devices. This promotes digital communication and capabilities, which in turn leads to better collaboration and efficient interaction.
3. Reduced Paperwork and Decreased Costs
By transferring the information workflow to digital channels, there are lesser chances of data loss. Additionally, the expenses for ink, paper, and other stationery supplies are also drastically cut or eliminate altogether.
4. Efficient Processes
Sales and field teams in companies can use interactive apps on their personal devices to communicate data and processes. Enterprise mobility solutions also save precious training time required to master the mechanics of a multi-function device.
Enterprise Mobility: Fundamental Technology for Future Productivity
In conclusion, the workplace of the future will be driven by new technology that perhaps hasn’t even been invented yet. Over the last decade, enterprise mobility has solely focused on security. While this is a major concern, it has shifted focus from the key benefit that enterprise mobility has to offer: value-based productivity.
As the world advances in digital capabilities we must ensure to retain a strong connection to our physical world. The technology we deploy will be universally used to successfully drive businesses forward and meet goals. Hence, enterprise mobility is an amazing showcase to demonstrate how today’s most fundamental technology can be refined to fit future needs.
Subscribe to iTMunch for the latest news, updates and developments in tech.