According to Statista, in 2018, global unit sales of Google Home stood at 12.5 million. It is estimated that by the year 2025, about 140 million Google smart speakers will be sold across the globe . Google Home smart speakers, powered by Google Assistant, are increasingly gaining popularity and the trust of customers. From setting alarms to temperature control, there are over a million Google home commands you can ask your Google smart speakers to perform.
Loup Ventures even conducted a smart speaker IQ test in which they tested 4 of the most renowned smart assistants – Google Assistant, Siri, Alexa and Cortana 800 – by asking a set of questions. Out of the 4, Google Assistant topped the test by being able to answer 88% of the questions correctly. Siri scored 75%, Alexa 73% and Cortana was at 63% .
If you own a Google smart speaker, there are high chances you’re merely scratching the surface of its treasure of features. Whether you own a Google Home, Google Nest Hub, Google Nest Mini or a new Nest Audio, all Google Assistant-powered smart speakers can do much more than simply predicting the weather. There are so many Google Home controls that, if learnt, can make your life easier.
Here are 64 Google Home commands and controls
Google Home commands for music and podcasts
- Music: To play your preferred and favorite songs, make sure you’ve added a preferred music app. Choose between Spotify, Google Play Music, YouTube Music, Deezer and Pandora. You can ask your Google Home assistant to play a specific song by saying ‘Hey Google, play I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys’. You can also ask Google to play music of a specific genre by saying ‘Hey Google, play romantic songs’
- Podcasts: To play your favorite podcasts, say the name of the specific podcast you want to listen to. For example: ‘Hey Google, play The Tim Ferriss Show’
Google Home controls for your smart speakers
- Turn up the volume: To increase the volume of your Google Home speaker, you can say ‘Hey Google, turn it up’, or ‘Hey Google, decrease the volume’, or ‘Hey Google, increase the volume to maximum’
- Turn the volume down: Decrease the volume of your Google Home smart speaker by saying ‘Hey Google, turn it down’, or ‘Hey Google, decrease the volume to minimum’
- Pause: ‘Hey Google, pause’
- Resume: ‘Hey Google, resume’
- Stop: ‘Hey Google, stop’ or ‘Hey Google, stop the music’